William B. Schiller is a Partner of Hughes Socol Piers Resnick & Dym, Ltd. His practice concentrates in the area of U.S. immigration and nationality law. He represents individuals, corporations, universities, professionals (including scientists, researchers and professors) and families before the United States Department of Homeland Security, the Executive Office for Immigration Review, and U.S. Consular posts worldwide. Mr. Schiller regularly handles temporary and permanent employment and family based immigration, asylum, consular processing and citizenship cases. He has been recognized by his peers for selection in Illinois Super Lawyers® every year since 2005, Leading Lawyer (2013 to date), and has a 10.0 “Superb Attorney” and “Client Choice” rating on Avvo.com.
Mr. Schiller was one of ten attorneys in the Chicago area selected for a Pro Bono Leadership Award by the Midwest Immigrant & Human Rights Center (National Immigrant Justice Center) and the American Bar Association. He has appeared as a speaker at educational and professional seminars nationwide, including annual conferences of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, NAFSA, Association of International Educators, and university campuses. He is an author of the chapter, “Employment-Based Immigration: The First Three Preferences,” appearing since 2007 in Navigating the Fundamental of Immigration Law: Guidance and Tips for Successful Practice (AILA Publications) and the author of “Working Effectively with Corporate and Individual Clients in Immigration Law,” published in 2008 in Inside the Minds (Aspatore Books) – “Immigration Law Client Strategies”.
Mr. Schiller also serves as an Adjunct Professor in the undergraduate program at Northwestern University, where he teaches a senior level course on international human rights and U.S. refugee law.
- King’s College, University of London (LL.M. International Business Law 1991)
- Loyola University of Chicago School of Law (J.D. 1987)
- University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana (B.A. 1984)
- Illinois Bar (1987)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit (1999)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (1987)
- Past Chair of the Chicago Bar Association Committee on Immigration and Nationality Law
- Past Co-Chair and Current Member of the Leadership Council of the National Immigrant Justice Center (NIJC)
- Pro Bono Leadership Award, Midwest Immigrant & Human Rights Center (now NIJC) and the American Bar Association
- Named Illinois Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers® (2005-2017)
- Named Illinois Leading Lawyer by Leading Lawyers Magzine® (2013 -2017)
- Avvo.com – 10.0 Rating and Recognized as “Superb Attorney” and Recipient of “Client Choice” Award
- Adjunct Professor, Northwestern University Weinberg School of Arts and Sciences, Program of Legal Studies
- Pro Bono Attorney, Immigration Equality
- Immigration Project, Vice President/Board Member (2007-2011)
Memberships / Associations
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- NAFSA Association of International Educators
- Employment-Based Immigration: The First Three Preferences, Navigating the Fundamentals of Immigration Law: Guidance and Tips for Successful Practice (AILA Publications) (2007 to date)
- Working Effectively with Corporate and Individual Clients in Immigration Law, published in Immigration Law Client Strategies, Inside the Minds (Aspatore Books) (2008)
Learn More About Your Options
Loved by Many
Ian, Thank You very very much for your support. You are My True Santa and Best attorney in the world. Thanks!
Ian, She just burst out crying with delight when she read the stamp. Wow, what a relief. This accomplishment is priceless. We are forever indebted to you.
Mr. Wagreich, I wanted to let you know that I received the documentation and wanted to thank you for your professionalism, kindness and help through the whole process. I believe wholeheartedly I had the best team of professionals and people who did their very best. No doubt in my heart that if I or anyone close to me would have to go through the process, I would choose your services again. Thank you very much for everything you've done!
Let’s Get Started