Chirag G. Badlani
Chirag G. Badlani is a Partner of Hughes Socol Piers Resnick & Dym, Ltd. He represents clients in a wide variety of matters, including family-based immigration petitions, naturalization, asylum and refugee matters, and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests. Mr. Badlani represents individuals before U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the immigration courts, and the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA). He also represents individuals in mandamus and Administrative Procedure Act (APA) actions before the federal district courts, and in petitions for review before the federal courts of appeals. Mr. Badlani serves as counsel to numerous amici in cases around the country regarding “Sanctuary Cities” litigation and efforts to preserve the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.
Mr. Badlani graduated magna cum laude from New York University School of Law (J.D. 2008), where he represented individuals in removal proceedings as part of NYU’s Immigrant Rights Clinic. He received his B.A. from Yale College (B.A. 2003).
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Badlani was a law clerk to the Honorable Ann Claire Williams, United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, and to the Honorable Allyne Ross, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York. He also worked as a Planning Associate at the Vera Institute of Justice, in the Center on Immigration and Justice. He serves on the Leadership Board of the National Immigrant Justice Center (NIJC) and Community Activism Law Alliance (CALA).
Mr. Badlani is a member of the bar in Illinois and New York.
- New York University School of Law (J.D. 2008)
- — magna cum laude
- — Order of the Coif (2008)
- — Production Editor, Journal of International Law and Politics
- — Competitions Research and Writing Editor, Moot Court Board
- — Finalist and Best Brief Award, Orison S. Marden Moot Court Competition (2007)
- Yale College (B.A. 2003)
- — Yale Manuscripts and Archives Senior Essay Prize
- 2018 Best LGBT Lawyers Under 40 Award
- 2014 Fellow, New Leaders Council (NCL) Chicago Chapter
Memberships / Associations
- Chair, LGBT Section, Federal Bar Association (FBA)
- Member, National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA)
- Member, Lesbian and Gay Bar Association of Chicago (LAGBAC)
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA)
- Board Member, National Immigrant Justice Center (NIJC) Leadership Board
- Treasurer, Board of Directors, Community Activism Law Alliance (CALA)
Learn More About Your Options
Loved by Many
Ian, Thank You very very much for your support. You are My True Santa and Best attorney in the world. Thanks!
Ian, She just burst out crying with delight when she read the stamp. Wow, what a relief. This accomplishment is priceless. We are forever indebted to you.
Mr. Wagreich, I wanted to let you know that I received the documentation and wanted to thank you for your professionalism, kindness and help through the whole process. I believe wholeheartedly I had the best team of professionals and people who did their very best. No doubt in my heart that if I or anyone close to me would have to go through the process, I would choose your services again. Thank you very much for everything you've done!
Let’s Get Started