Kendra H.M. Scheuerlein
Kendra H.M. Scheuerlein is a Partner with Hughes Socol Piers Resnick & Dym, Ltd. She concentrates her practice in the areas of immigration and nationality matters. These include family-based immigration issues, waivers, naturalization, asylum, consular processing, and appeals. Ms. Scheuerlein represents clients in removal proceedings before the Department of Homeland Security, including clients with various criminal issues.
Ms. Scheuerlein is the vice president of the executive board for Centro Romero, a non-profit organization dedicated to serving the immigrant community in Chicago. She is also active in the Chicago Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, serving as a member and co-chair of various committees since her graduation from the DePaul University College of Law in May 2013. Ms. Scheuerlein is dedicated to serving her community, regularly speaking at Know Your Rights and other community presentations. In her free time, she is an avid yoga practitioner and rescue dog lover.
- DePaul University College of Law (J.D. 2013)
- — Certificate in Public Interest Law
- — Society for Immigration and Asylum Law
- Evergreen State College (B.A. 2004)
- Illinois (2013)
- Named to the Rising Stars list in Illinois by Super Lawyers® (2018-2020)
Memberships / Associations
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, National Immigration Project of the National Lawyers Guild
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Co-chair of AILA Detained Services Committee; Committee Member of: ICE Enforcement and Removal Office liaison committee -Advocacy Committee -Chicago Chapter Fall Family & Litigation Conference planning committee
- Vice-President of the Executive Board, Centro Romero
Speeches and Presentations
- Chicago Bar Association, “U.S. Refugee Policy at the Southern Border and in International Law.” (November 21, 2019)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association National Annual Conference, “Ever-Changing USCIS Policies: New Ethical Considerations in Family Immigration.” (June 21, 2019)
- Forms I-130, Petition for Alien Relative: strategies, enforcement and burdens of proof when your client is in removal proceedings or has a final order of removal, American Immigration Lawyers Association Chicago Chapter Family Fall Conference, “A New Era of Immigration Enforcement: Strategies and Updates for Representing Clients before USCIS, Immigration Court and Beyond,” (Nov. 9, 2017)
- Unaccompanied Minors at the U.S.-Mexico Border, Loyola University Law School, Public Interest Law Reporter Annual Symposium: “(Un)Documented: Human Impact of Our Immigration Policies and Advocacy Strategies.” (Nov. 11, 2016)
- The Criminalization of Asylum Seekers, DePaul University College of Law, “CRIMMIGRATION: When Criminal and Immigration Laws Cross Paths.” (April 7, 2016)
Learn More About Your Options
Loved by Many
Ian, Thank You very very much for your support. You are My True Santa and Best attorney in the world. Thanks!
Ian, She just burst out crying with delight when she read the stamp. Wow, what a relief. This accomplishment is priceless. We are forever indebted to you.
Mr. Wagreich, I wanted to let you know that I received the documentation and wanted to thank you for your professionalism, kindness and help through the whole process. I believe wholeheartedly I had the best team of professionals and people who did their very best. No doubt in my heart that if I or anyone close to me would have to go through the process, I would choose your services again. Thank you very much for everything you've done!
Let’s Get Started